Coal Catastrophe (also named Bad Guy BBQ) is Sackboy's level 2 super move in which he uses his Pop-It to drop flaming coals onto the stage. The attacker can move the object around the stage before placing it.
- "I believe the phrase "OMG" will be much an evidence when people see this. Amazing!"
- "What in the blue blazes is Sackboy blunting into now? Oh my."
- "Hahaha! Something special is brewing!"
- "Sackboy and adventure go together like ice cream and wasps. Inseparable. Unpredictable."
- "Now THAT is how a LittleBigPlanetian parties. Shine on, you crazy sack."
- "Ha! Look who it is! Best put on some shades. Sackboy is about to dazzle."
- "A moment of glory captured in the amber of our minds."
- "You are the lightbulb that has brought glorious light to our darkened days."
- "Sackboy is no stranger to building brave new worlds. Dab hand at it that bad."
- "What you've built here today will be remembered long after this sentence has ended."
- "Ohh! A wonder of light radiating from all corners. Bliss!"
- "Cop a retina of two or that! Such creativity!"
- This Super is based on the big and enormous customization options LittleBigPlanet has (and is notorious for them) for the levels. Hot Coals are customizable hazards in the LittleBigPlanet series, and can be accessed when the player builds a custom level.
- When using this super, Stephen Fry (the LBP narrator) will say one of a few random sentences, listed above.