Cole is able to fight at all ranges but is usually most comfortable at a mid to far range. Cole is a combo-heavy character and is able to start combos from a mid-range with Lightning Tether and Freeze Rocket. A lack of attacks with a large area of effect and long combo times give Cole difficulty fighting with multiple opponents, but make Cole a strong character in 1V1, where he is often considered to be top tier. Cole has some of the best mobility among the characters with Grind.
- Amp Swing Combo - - Cole swings his Amp twice, finishing the combo with either a palm shock (crumple), or a wide outward swing (eject roll). The last hit happens at random.
- Grind - or + : Cole slides through the ground like he does in his home series. During this state, Cole can attack depending on which button is pressed.
- Gigawatt Blades Combo - or + , : During the Grind state, Cole can attack with blades made of electricity. The first hit is a spinning inward slash, and, if it hits, finishes with an uppercut that launches the opponent.
- Leaping Shoulder Tackle - or + , : During the Grind state, Cole rises up with a shoulder attack.
- Stop - or + , : During the Grind state, Cole stops the slide.
- Amp Explosion - + : Cole raises his Amp above him, generating a small explosion.
- Thunder Drop - + : Cole leaps up and slams his Amp down.
- Air Amp Swing Combo - (Air), : A quick two-hit Amp combo.
- Lightning Tether - or + (Air): Cole fires a bolt of lightning straight forward.
- Air Amp Explosion - + (Air): Same as the ground version.
- Air Thunder Drop - + (Air): Cole descends and slams the ground, unleashing a shockwave on impact that knocks the opponent away.
- Lightning Bolts - (Hold to repeat firing): Cole will fire a small lightning bolt. Continue to hit Triangle to fire more. Stuns the opponent if they get hit by five lightning bolts in succession.
- Sticky Grenade - or + : Cole tosses an orb of electricity in an arc that sticks to the opponent before exploding.
- Redirect Rocket - + : Cole fires an blast of electricity upwards. If the opponent is hit by a lightning bolt, the electricity blast will home in on the opponent and explode, knocking them away.
- Alpha Blast - + : Cole fires a wave of energy straight forward. Pushes the opponent back slightly.
- Air Lightning Bolts - (Air), (Hold to repeat firing): Same as the ground version.
- Air Sticky Grenade - or + (Air): Same as the ground version.
- Air Redirect Rocket - + (Air) Same as the ground version.
- Air Alpha Blast - + (Air): Same as the ground version, only fired at a diagonal angle.
- Frost Shield - (Hold to extend): Cole creates a shield of ice that protects him from projectiles.
- Freeze Rocket - or + : Cole fires a blast of ice that temporarily freezes the opponent.
- Ice Launch - + : Cole leaps into the air, leaving an ice shard underneath him. If the opponent is hit, they will be launched along with Cole.
- Ice Barrier - + : Cole creates ice shards that knock the opponent upwards.
- Air Frost Shield - (Air), (Hold to extend): Same as the ground version, only Cole will hover when the shield comes out.
- Air Freeze Rocket - or + (Air): Same as the ground version.
- Air Ice Launch - + (Air) (cannot launch from double jump): Same as the ground version, though the ice structure falls from Cole's feet hiting anyone beneath it.
- Air Ice Barrier - + (Air): Same as the ground version.
- Static Thrusters - (Hold while in Air): Cole can slow down his fall by generating electricity from his hands.
- Wall Hang - or + (Hold while next to a wall in Air): Cole can stay on the wall using his Kinetic Pulse abilities.
- Lightning Bolts - Any Attack (During Wall Hang): Cole can fire lightning bolts while on the wall. (Hold to repeat firing) (+ Any direction to aim)
- Body Toss - or : Cole grabs the opponent, plants the Amp in their body, and swings around them before throwing them away.
- Amp Launch - : Cole grabs the opponent and slides underneath them, and knocks them up into the air with a swing of the Amp.
- Amp Slam - : Cole uses the opponent as leverage to leap into the air before coming down with a downward smash using the Amp.
- Item Pick-up -
- Block - - Cole blocks attacks by generating electricity from his hands.
- Evade - + or - Cole does a dive roll or a back flip depending on which direction you move.
Human Bullet - Cole uses Kinetic Pulse to pick up the enemy and throw them across the stage. Any fighters who come into contact with the projectiled character will be KO'd along with the thrown character.
Ionic Freeze - Cole unleashes a wave of ice spikes that take out any enemies in the way.
Electric Tornado - Cole uses Ice Launch to fly to the foreground of the stage, enabling him to sweep the stage using Ionic Vortex while in a over-the-shoulder view. At the end of the Super, Cole strikes the stage with an Ionic Storm.