|Secondary Representation||Metal Gear|
The stage begins with players in a 2D environment based on LocoRoco. The background eventually switches to a city as a Metal Gear RAY cuts through the background. During the appearance of the RAY, it will attack by biting at the foreground with its jaws or firing missiles at the stage. Both attacks are telegraphed with the signature exclamation point of the Metal Gear series. As the match approaches its end, RAY is crushed by the giant yellow LocoRoco named Kulche.
Characters Appearing in StageEdit
The first phase is based on LocoRoco. The second phase is based on the first level of "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance", in which Raiden battles Metal Gear RAY to get to the kidnapped political leader he was escorting. The phase doesn't take any music from the actual game, however; it makes use of the game's soundtrack of heavy metal and electronica.
- This is one of only two stages that has a third party franchise as secondary representation, the other being Stowaways.
- Franzea and Sandover Village are the only stages that have water.
- While Metal Gear RAY makes its appearance, the camera morphs into 3D.
- When Metal Gear RAY attacks the players and spots Kulche, the classic Alert (!) sound effect from the Metal Gear series will play.
- Franzea is one of five stages where an E-rated series and an M-rated series cross over, the others being Hades, Invasion, Dojo, and Time Station.