|Appears in||Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale|
Kuma (熊) is a fighter from the Tekken series and is a minor non-playable character in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Kuma is the pet bear of Heihachi and has been a contestant in the Iron Fist tournament several times.
SMARTER THAN THE AVERAGE BEAR
Kuma was an abandoned bear when he was first taken in by Heihachi Mishima. Over the years, Kuma grew in size and, once an adult, he was taught sign language and even learned to speak Japanese. Heihachi also taught the bear to fight, and Kuma has used to fight in the King of Iron Fist tournament. Kuma is an unnaturally intelligent bear and has remained very loyal to his master Heihachi throughout the years.
Connection with All-StarsEdit
- Kuma appears in Heihachi's Level 2 Super as he runs around and attacks all opponents by slashing them with his claws, jumping into the air followed by a ground pound, and even passing gas. Before the Level 2 is completed and Kuma disappears, he performs a dance.
- He appears as a minion and is unlocked upon reaching Rank 8 with Heihachi.
- It is currently unknown which Kuma this is supposed to be, as there are canonically two Kumas in the series. The first Kuma, Kuma I, appeared in Tekken and Tekken 2, but was replaced by his son, Kuma II, in Tekken 3 onwards, appearing in every main game since.
- Kuma was originally a Sun Bear until Tekken 2, when he was redesigned as a Brown Bear.
- Kuma (as Kuma II) (along with Heihachi) have previously appeared in the crossover fighting game Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Kuma is Japanese for bear.