PaRappa's line of attacks mainly consist of karate moves he learned from Chop Chop Master Onion, skateboarding, and music. All of his attacks cover a close to mid-range and PaRappa has no projectiles. This does not mean PaRappa must rush down opponents and apply pressure. His Boxy Groove! allows PaRappa to gain AP at any position on a stage without having to attack. He has quickly melee and is able to combo off of many of his attacks. PaRappa's small size leads to many of his attacks has a small area of effect, however, giving him trouble with crowds. He is generally seen as a strong 1V1 character.
For a more advance look at PaRappa's movelist, click here.
- Punch! (Thousand Punch!!) - , (Mash ) - A quick punch attack (if is pressed repeatedly, turns into a rapid-fast flurry of punches ending with a "Bruce Lee" style punch, knocking the opponent away).
- Body Check! - or + - A quick dash attack with shoulder.
- Uppercut! - + - An uppercut that causes launch. Can be charged to follow the enemy into the air.
- Trip!- + - A sliding attack that trips the opponent.
- Kick! (Spin Kick!) - (Air), (Air) - A double kick that causes knockdown.
- Leap! - or + (Air) - A fast dashing kick.
- Uppercut! - + (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Thousand Kick! - + (Air), (Mash ) - A quick diving attack. Can be mashed for a flurry of kicking that causes knockdown on the last hit.
- Whack! - - Quick skateboard swing. Reflects projectiles.
- Smash! - or + - An overhead slamming attack that causes knockdown.
- Flip! - + - Does a spinning attack with his skateboard. Only hits from above.
- Push! - + - Quick low kick attack with skateboard.
- Whack! - (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Dash! - or + (Air) - A dash attack at a downward angle.
- Flip! - + (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Slam! - + (Air) - A quick downwards swing with skateboard. Causes knockdown.
- Come Here! - - Pulls in the opponent with his microphone.
- I'm a Fan! - or + - A dash attack with his microphone.
- Blast it Up! - + - Using his friend Boxy Box, he unleashes a soundwave. Hits only from above.
- Boxy Groove! - + - PaRappa puts his friend Boxy Box on the ground, and he plays some beats while generating AP orbs.
- Come Here! - (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- I'm a Fan! - or + (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Blast it Up! - + (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Boxy Groove! - + (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Dance Kick - or - Grabs the opponent and kicks them away.
- Acrobat Kick - - Grabs the opponent, does a handstand, and kicks them upward.
- Kung Fu Kick - - Grabs the opponent, lifts himself over them, and kicks them. Causes knockdown.
- Item Pick-up -
- Block - - PaRappa blocks attacks with his skateboard.
- Evade - + or - PaRappa does a cartwheel.
Romantic Karate - PaRappa does a jumping 90-degree kick that causes a small orange flash of energy that kills the opponent.
Skater Boy - PaRappa jumps onto his skateboard and cruises around the level, knocking out anyone he makes contact with.
Doom Box ft. PaRappa!!! - PaRappa raps along with "I Gotta Believe!" This move clears the screen of all opponents, regardless of their position.