- This article is about the "Ratchet & Clank" character. For the series, see Ratchet & Clank (series).
|Voiced By||English: James Arnold Taylor (Ratchet), David Kaye (Clank)|
Japanese: Makoto Tsumura (Ratchet), Tōru Ōkawa (Clank)
|Franchise||Ratchet & Clank|
|Appears in||PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |
PlayStation All-Stars Island (Clank only)
|Debut||Ratchet & Clank|
|Rival||Jak and Daxter|
- "Time to go commando!"
Ratchet & Clank are the main protagonists of the Ratchet & Clank franchise. They both appear in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale together as a playable character. Ratchet & Clank's in-game rivals are Jak and Daxter.
TIME TO GO COMMANDO!
Armed with a seemingly endless arsenal of spectacularly bizarre and outlandish weapons and gadgets, this mechanic and his robotic companion have found themselves saving the universe from a myriad of threats, across both space and time. Their friendship forged over years of adventuring, they have learned to work extremely efficiently together, overwhelming opponents via both cunning and skill.
THE LEGACY OF RATCHET AND CLANK:
- Ratchet & Clank
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet Deadlocked
- Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
- Secret Agent Clank
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
- Ratchet & Clank : Reboot
Ratchet and Clank are traveling through space, looking for some gold bolts for the space subscription. They then picked up a signal from a galaxy. Believing that's where they'll find the gold bolts, Ratchet and Clank decide to go there.
TranscriptEditRatchet: Come on Pal! If there were any gold bolts out here, space pirates woud've picked 'em up by now. Let's go home and finish season five of Trick Out My Dropship, huh?
Clank: I will remind you that without gold bolts, there is no money for a Spaceflix subscription.
Ratchet: Good point. Where to next?
Clank: A survey of materials recovered from micro-debris along congruent vectors originating in this quadrant... indicates a high likelihood of gold bolt production.
Ratchet: Well, that sounds worth checking out.
Clank: Might I suggest we align our search along the following criteri-
Ratchet: Hang on a second. The trans-scaling reductive subinverter's picked something up. Let's head that way - I bet that's where we'll find the bolts.
Clank: We could do that instead.
Ratchet: On the way there, can you make sure our Spaceflix queue is updated? I'd hate to have to sit through another episode of Horgspleen Plus Thirteen.
Name: Jak and DaxterReason: Ratchet and Clank are searching for materials, and Clank picks up Jak and Daxter nearby on his sensors, to which Ratchet states that he'd rather have found golden bolts. Jak, taking it the wrong way, asks what he meant, to which Clank tries explaining that they believed that the two were not likely to lead them to gold bolts. Before he can finish, Daxter flies into a rage, misunderstanding what Clank said and believing that he called him and Jak worthless. Daxter hands Jak his rifle to prove their worth. Clank tries to apologize, trying to negotiate a peaceful resolution. However, Ratchet was offended by Jak and Daxter's actions and accepted their challenge, beginning the fight.
Connection: Both the Ratchet & Clank franchise and the Jak and Daxter franchise have had cameos in each other's games mainly because of the close partnership shared between its developers, Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games, the creators of PlayStation's iconic games: Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot. Ratchet and Jak have also been considered the mascots of their generation, and have actually met each other in PlayStation Move Heroes, where they bickered amongst themselves, but eventually became allies. Ratchet & Clank and Jak and Daxter are duos that involve one character for main gameplay (Ratchet and Jak) and one character for support/help (Clank and Daxter).
Ratchet: I'm starting to wonder if that signal we picked up was real or not. Have you seen even one Gold Bolt?
Clank: No. But we have found... ...that.
(Jak and Daxter appears.)
Ratchet: Yeah. I'd rather have the bolts.
Jak: What was that?
Clank: My friend was merely commenting on the small likelihood of your leading us to-
Daxter: Did that tin pot just call us WORTHLESS!?
(Daxter hands Jak his rifle)
Daxter: Show 'em Jak! Show 'em what we're worth.
Clank: Now, now. I am sure there is a reasonable solution we can arrive at.
(Ratchet draws his Omniwrench)
Ratchet: I think this is plenty reasonable. Let's settle this.
Ratchet and Clank are back traveling through space. They both comment on what they did back there and say that Qwark would've loved it. They then went back to looking for some gold bolts. Ratchet states that they are more ready to handle anything thanks to Polygon Man's power.
Ratchet: That was really something! And... different.
Clank: Quite exciting.
Ratchet: You know who would have loved that?
Ratchet and Clank: Qwark!
Ratchet: Well, probably just as well he isn't here. I think he's still a little irritated about that pair of stunderwear I snuck into his suitcase.
Clank: It would be very amusing, at least.
Ratchet: As fun as all that was, we still haven't found those gold bolts.
Clank: Shall we resume our search?
Ratchet: Sounds like a plan to me. And whatever we run up against... I get the feeling we're more ready than ever to handle it.
Quotes and TauntsEdit
TauntsEditBring It On, Space Face: Ratchet twirls around and catches his wrench while saying, "Get ready to be wrenched."
Thanks for the Armories: Ratchet takes out his buzz blade, touches the blade, then twitches as if he had cut himself on it.
Seen Any Holofilms?: Ratchet summons Mr. Zurkon and asks, "Seen any good holofilms?"
- When selected:
- A most interesting proposal. (Clank)
- Time to power up.
- Let us make short work of this. (Clank)
- I detect danger lurking. (Clank)
- Clank, we've got some work to do.
- Mr. Zurkon does not come in peace. (Mr. Zurkon)
- Item Pick-up:
- Great! I always wanted one of these.
- Excellent. (Clank)
- (Giggles) (Clank)
- Thanks for the armories.
- This one's mine.
- Item found. (Clank)
- Hey, cool!
- Just what the technician ordered. (Clank)
- Whoa! This is great!
- Using Clank Goes Commando:
- Ready pal?
- You are doomed. (Clank)
- Using Flight of the Aphelion:
- (Chuckles) Check us out!
- (Giggles) Time...to do this. (Clank)
- Successful KO:
- Not so tough, huh?
- In your face!
- Is that the best you got?
- Incoming defeat. (Clank)
- Looks like I got nothing to worry about.
- Ooh...that had to hurt.
- Oh yeah!
- Our numbers are increasing. (Clank)
- Another one bites the dust!
- Ooh. You zigged when you should've zagged!
- (Giggles) You are disposed. (Clank)
- That all you got?
- Add another to the scrap heap. (Clank)
- Another terminated. (Clank)
- Time to go commando!
- This...could be bad.
- Whose lookin' for a fight?
- We may be doomed. (Clank)
- I predict trouble ahead. (Clank)
- I have your back, Ratchet. (Clank)
- Bring it on, space face!
- Careful, or we will be terminated. (Clank)
- You don't look so tough!
- Unused line
- This looks like fun. (Ratchet)
Intros and OutrosEdit
I Detect Danger Lurking: Ratchet glides into view using the helipack with Clank saying "I detect danger lurking", then Ratchet turns around holding his wrench ready for battle.
We've Got Work to Do: Clank jumps off Ratchet's back as he turns around with the Warmonger saying, "Clank, we have work to do."
Nice: Ratchet jumps onto the stage in a similar fashion to when he exits his ship in A Crack in Time
I Do Not Come In Peace: Ratchet and Clank hover into view while Mr. Zurkon hovers in the foreground, saying "Mr. Zurkon does not come in peace."
Maybe Next Time: Ratchet puts his fist on his hips looking triumphant.
Man, That Rocked: Ratchet turns around with the Suck Cannon in a similar pose of the first game's cover art.
Ha! Nice Try: Ratchet spins a Gold Bolt on his finger.
Yeah, We Got Him: Ratchet and Clank high-fives each other.
If using Maybe Next Time: Ratchet angrily throws his wrench into the air, which then hits him on the head.
If using Man, That Rocked: Ratchet put his hand on his head and looks down sad.
If using Ha! Nice Try: Ratchet spins around and falls over, which is reminiscent of his dying animation from the PS2 and PSP games.
If using Yeah, We Got Him: Ratchet looks down sad and swings his fist down while Mr. Zurkon looks down.
Win: Ratchet looks at the camera while holding Suck Cannon, occassionally looking behind his back at Clank.
Lose: Looks down with his hand by his eyes.
Hero of Fastoon (unlocked at rank 4)
The Chosen One (unlocked at rank 45)
Ratchet's default appearance as he was seen in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.
- His default appearance from Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.
- Silver clothes with cyan lines in them. Based on the Holoflux Armor from Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time.
- Green clothes and black lining, with a black cap and shoes. Based on the Commando Suit from Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.
- Yellow shirt, green pants and red shoes. Based on the Old School Suit from Ratchet & Clank with the Grind Boots equipped.
One of Ratchet's armors he wore in Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando. This is his pre-order costume.
Ratchet's default armor, that he wore in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time.
- Default: Black pants and grey armor with light blue glowing pads.
- Black pants and grey armor with green glowing pads. (Ectoflux Armor)
- Dark green pants and purple armor and brown helmet with orange glowing pads.
- Blue pants and black/blue armor with yellow glowing pads.
- Ratchet & Clank are one of four characters to fight as a duo, the others being Big Daddy and Little Sister, Jak and Daxter and Kat & Dusty .
- Ratchet & Clank, Jak and Daxter and Sackboy are the only three characters whose stages (Metropolis, Sandover Village and Dreamscape) were revealed before they were.
- When activating Ratchet's level 1 super, the song "1812 Overture" plays in the background, in reference to the weapon he's using. It is the only level 1 super where music plays when activated.
- This marks Ratchet & Clank's second appearance in a PlayStation crossover with Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter, the first being PlayStation Move Heroes.
- This excludes Jak and Ratchet's appearance in Hot Shots Golf Fore! as the two were only guest characters.
- Jak and Daxter also made minor cameos in Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando on Clank's apartment's HoloVision in Megapolis and on some billboards in Allgon City.
- In Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, a demo of Sly 2: Band of Thieves is accessible on the title screen. Also a demo of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is accessible in the North American version of the Ratchet & Clank Collection.
- Ratchet & Clank and Jak and Daxter are the only characters who had their official artwork changed during the course of the games development.
- Ratchet & Clank are considered to be one of the mascots of the PS2 console, alongside Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper.
- Ratchet also appears in Hot Shot Golf Fore as a golfer with Clank as his caddy and in Jak X: Combat Racing as a driver.
- Ratchet & Clank also made minor cameos on billboards in Jak II and in a gun course in Jak 3.
- Ratchet & Clank are downloadable skins in LittleBigPlanet 2 and Modnation Racers.
- Occassionally when respawning, Clank will tell Ratchet to either be cautious of their opponent or that they could be doomed, also, Ratchet will occasionally say, "This... could be bad," making them, Dante, and Zeus the only characters to actually admit to their opponents' strength.
- Their intro "I Do Not Come In Peace" is a joke about aliens due to the fact that they will almost always say "We come in peace" when they land on Earth.
- Ratchet and Clank are the only characters to had their official artwork changed three times. The first incarnation was a low quality shot of the two, the second was a direct copy of their official artwork from Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One and the third was the artwork taken from their character select screen.
- However, the European cover has the All 4 One render of Ratchet and Clank. 
- Despite Ratchet & Clank being their full name, only Ratchet is written on the character select screen.
- Ratchet and Clank are one of the 4 first-party characters to start on the PlayStation 2, the others being Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper and Kratos.
- In the game's opening, the green parts of Ratchet's outfit glow. Clank's eyes also glow as do the lights on the OmniWrench and the Constructo Pistol.
- This is the first time Ratchet and Clank have been in a T rated game since Ratchet: Deadlocked (2005).
- Clank's Japanese voice in the recent Japanese version of the PSASBR is done in an altered pitch different from both his English voice and his Japanese voice actor's original voice.
- Ratchet and Clank's background in the Main Menu is outer space.
- After Patch 1.10 Ratchet and Clank's character select image changed so that Clank is no longer squinting.
- So far, Ratchet and Clank are the only characters to have their own manga based off of their game series.
- In Japanese, Ratchet is voiced by a voice actress named Makoto Tsumura. Said voice actress is also known for voicing the main protagonist of the 2003 version of Astro Boy.