|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|First Release||Resistance: Fall of Man (2006)|
|Genre(s)||First Person Shooter|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita|
The series depicts an alternate take on history and more specificaly WWII. Instead of fighting against the Nazis, the player tries to take down an evil species of aliens known as the Chimera. The first entry of the series Resistance: Fall of Man, was the most successful launch title for the PlayStation 3, making it the console's first title to sell over a million copies.
The series is best known for its unique weapons, that has become a staple of Insomniac Games. Players can use both human and Chimera weapons, both having unique and special secondary uses and affects. Similar to the Killzone series, the main mascot faction of Resistance are its enemies, the Chimera, and are often displayed on game covers and throughout the media, rather than the different protagonists. This is probably due to their grotesque and memorable appearance, and their consistency throughout the series.
Connection with All-StarsEdit
- San Francisco appears as a stage, mashing up with Ratchet & Clank.
- The stage Time Station mashes up with Ape Escape and Resistance. The Satan Chimera makes an appearence as a stage hazard.
- The Hedgehog Grenade, a weapon from Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2 and Resistance 3, is a item pick-up.
- Nathan Hale and some Chimera Soldiers appear in the background of San Francisco.
- There are various Resistance themed Backgrounds and Icons that can be unlocked. This makes it the only franchise to have these without having a playable character.
- A Chimera appears as a minion that was patched into the game. In order to unlock it, you must reach Rank 80 with 8 characters.
- Resistance: Fall of Man - 2006 (PS3)
- Resistance 2 - 2008 (PS3)
- Resistance: Retribution - 2009 (PSP)
- Resistance 3 - 2011 (PS3)
- Resistance: Burning Skies - 2012 (PSV)