Sir Daniel is a character who is well balanced between both melee and zoning. The key to playing well with him is finding the perfect balance between these two. When used correctly he can be a formidable foe. He relies on "reading" opponents (or predicting their actions) and then capitalizing. Up close he has a mix of quick, sword thrusts and slower, large area-or-effect attacks. Most of Sir Daniel's melee attacks are capable of hitting multiple opponents. Sir Daniel has decent combo capabilities but his combos can be unsafe when fighting multiple opponents. Sir Daniel also has good ranged fighting with Battle-Axe-a-rang and Green Hand.
- Hero Sword Slash - - A slow three-hit combo with sword that ends with the opponent flattened.
- Hero Sword Thrust - or + - A quick thrust with sword. Charge to increase power.
- Hero Sword Upper Cut - + - An uppercut with sword.
- Magic Sword Spin - + - A circular slash that trips opponents.
- Hero Sword Slam - (Air) - A downwards slash that smashes enemies down.
- Hero Sword Air Thrust - or + (Air) - Same as the ground version, only this version sends enemies away, a slight distance.
- Hero Sword Air Cut - + (Air) - Same as the ground version, except it sends opponents flying.
- Magic Sword Air Spin - + (Air) - A downwards slash with sword.
- Battle Axe-a-rang - - Throw a large axe that acts like a boomerang.
- Charge! - or + - A quick dash that knocks foes down on impact. Hold button to dash farther.
- Magic Bow - + - Sir Daniel takes out a crossbow and fires a shot into the air.
- Hammer Smash - + - Sir Daniel smashes the ground with a hammer.
- Air Battle Axe-a-rang - (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Aerial Charge! - or + (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Aerial Magic Bow - + (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Aerial Hammer Smash - + (Air) - Same as the ground version, only Sir Dan falls to the ground on impact.
- Golden Shield - - Summon a Golden Shield to use in battle. You can press Circle again to put the shield away. The shield can stay out as long as you like, and some attacks have alternative hit effects while it's active. The shield can absorb up to three projectiles before it breaks, and once it breaks, it puts him in butt drop state.
- Green Hand - or + - Sir Dan throws a green hand that creates a poisonous gas cloud.
- Drumstick Toss - + - Sir Daniel throws a drumstick in an overhead arc. It moves very slowly, and it creates a short explosion.
- Dragon Potion - + - Sir Daniel drinks a green potion and spits it out, creating an area of fire that stays active for four seconds. The fire can destroy any mines, or objects placed below it.
- Golden Shield - (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Green Hand Toss - or + (Air) - Same as the ground version.
- Drumstick Air Toss - + (Air) - Same as the ground version. Short hop version is better.
- Aerial Dragon Potion - + (Air) - Same as the ground version. This move is good to try and gain some ap on opponents under you. The move is slow though so try and only use it if you're out of range of any attacks.
- The Rake - or - Sir Dan grabs the opponent and hits them with the hilt of his sword, causing them to feel dizzy. Sir Dan then plants the sword into the ground, pulls it back, and slams it into the opponent.
- The Punt - - Sir Daniel grabs the opponent, then kicks them into the air.
- The Stomp - - Sir Daniel hits the opponent with the hilt of his sword, then bounces on their back repeatedly.
Lightning Bolt - This aimable lighting bolt makes quick work on Sir Daniel's enemies. It can be aimed diagonally, straight up, or behind dan. Multiple confirms.
Use this against someone if you can predict an aerial attack.
example: good Cole using tether right next to you.
Golden Chalice - Sir Daniel releases the spirits of his vanquished enemies stored in the Chalice. Can be confirmed off dans bread and butter
square, square, up square, up square.
Anubis Stone - While holding the it, enemies near Sir Daniel are afflicted with its dark energy. Enemies die within 3 seconds of being within its radius.