|PaRappa the Rapper|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|First Release||PaRappa the Rapper (1996)|
PaRappa the Rapper is a rythym game series made by Developer NanaOn-Sha exclusively for the Sony PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable.
The player takes on the role of PaRappa, a paper-thin rapping dog, who is trying to win the heart of a flower-like girl named Sunny Funny. However, he is intimidated by the presence of Joe Chin, a rich, narcissistic dog who goes overboard with his attempts to impress Sunny.
You use the face buttons to "Rap" your way through the game, trying to complete each level with the best possible score. Your accuracy and timing of the button prompts, determines your overall score at the end of each level.
Connection With All-StarsEdit
- PaRappa is a playable character for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
- Boxxy Boy makes an appearence during two of PaRappa's moves.
- Sunny Funny appears during one of PaRappa's introductions. She also appears in Parappa's Level 3 Super Move and some outros.
- During Parappa's Level 3 Super Move, characters appear from the series as a silhouette: PJ Berri, Katy Kat, Lammy, Ma-San, Colonel Noodle, Joe Chin, and MC King Kong Mushi.
- PJ Berri, Katy Kat, Sunny Funny, and Joe Chin also appear in Parappa's opening and ending cutscenes.
- Chop Chop Master Onion's Dojo is one of the playable stages. Chop Chop Master Onion appears in the background and appears in Parappa's Level 3 Super Move. Instructor Mooselini and Prince Fleaswallow also appears in the stage.
- PJ Berri appears as a PaRappa's minion.
- Instructor Mooselini appears as a DLC minion.
- PaRappa the Rapper (anime): A 30 episode anime from Japan.
- PaRappa the Rapper is one of three series' that have had an anime, the others being Ape Escape and Devil May Cry.
- PaRappa's Funky Gi and Prom King costumes, as well as his skateboard, were taken straight from his anime.
- PaRappa's opening and ending's art style resembles the anime.